Monday, May 30, 2016

Did my first IDPA tournament


I know that some poo poo the IDPA as not really training for CCW, and I agree to some extent. But it is a chance to go out and move and shoot and just have a lot of fun.Everyone there was really nice and helpful. I scored in the bottom of my class but, heck, I was glad to just not get myself disqualified :)The very first stage they were yelling at me constantly because I was violating the rules, but after that very little.I missed one target completely in one stage; I completely forgot it was there. But all the rest of them I nailed. One of the other competitors said "You shoot really well, when you hit them", which was very encouraging.My wife went with me but just watched. She is going to compete next time. They have practice nights we will go to some of those.It was a ton of fun. Lot better than just standing and shooting at a paper target in a range. I highly recommend. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/25uvnnh

No comments:

Post a Comment