Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Carry Condition for Colt Mustang Pocketlite


New to this sub and hoping to glean some insight from fellow CCWers. I recently replaced my Glock 42 with the much more reliable Colt Mustang Pocketlite. This is my first SA handgun and I was wondering what's the "best" and safest way to carry.Condition 3: Nothing in the chamber. Hammer down. I would need to rack the slide to fire. Seems safest.Condition 2: Chamber is hot. Hammer is down. Requires some maneuvering on my part to slowly let the hammer down with firing. I would have to cock the hammer to fire. Seems hardest to maintain and I found that pulling back the hammer on such a small firearm makes me pull it to the right.Condition 1: Chamber is hot. Hammer is back. Thumb safety is engaged. This method is what many prefer to carry a 1911 on. However, I worry about carrying my Mustang this way due to the single safety. 1911 has grip and thumb. Mustang only has thumb.Thoughts on these? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/1PfINPT

No comments:

Post a Comment