Friday, August 20, 2021

S&W Shield Plus 4" holster help?


I know the single vs. dual clip conversation has been beaten to death, but I was hoping for some input from anyone who's carried the 4" Shield or Shield Plus:My last carry gun, a CZ P-10C, was about the same size as my new Shield Plus 4" but quite a bit thicker and heavier. I have a red dot on the way, and I'll probably get a TLR-6 for it since it's my only handgun (for now).My biggest problem with the P-10, in an ANR appendix holster with the DCC Monoblock, was that it would constantly tilt and end up with the grip almost touching my belt, making consistent draws really tricky. Now, the Monoblock is supposedly for 1.5" belts, but it never felt like it; I'm pretty sure it was made for 1.5-1.75" belts, so it wobbled quite a bit. I know that sidecar style holsters solves this issue by design, but I don't always carry a spare mag, and when I do, I use a NeoMag in my back pocket.I've pretty much settled on a Slim Fit Holsters Guard Ultra, but I can't decide on single or dual clips. Do you think a single Discreet Carry Mod 4 clip, which is definitely tight on a 1.5" belt, would be enough to keep the holster steady, or should I go for dual clips? The Shield Plus is 4 ounces lighter than the P10, but with a light and MRDS mounted, I'm thinking it'll end up about the same weight, even with 2 fewer rounds.Thanks in advance! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2W9XfDd

No comments:

Post a Comment