Monday, August 23, 2021

How’s your quick draw?


First I want to make clear that I don’t believe this is the most important skill for a self defender to have. Awareness is. A smooth and consistent draw is a really good skill to have though, and a fast one is even better as long as it’s safe.So I’ve wanted to open a conversation about drawing the gun in general. What’s your average time? Where do you feel like you excel? Where do you feel like you struggle? Dryfire and live fire numbers both welcome.If you have any advice people might benefit from hearing please share it here. If you have any questions about making improvements on your draw, please ask.In dryfire I’m sitting around .75 to .85 seconds from 5 yards and in. Live fire I stand around .95 to 1 second at the same distance. At 7 yards I’m sitting in the 1 to 1.05 area. I feel like I could adjust my garment clearing position slightly down and shave a tiny bit of time, but other than that I need to increase my reaction to the cue to draw. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2UF5Yg4

No comments:

Post a Comment