Monday, August 23, 2021

Help! I HATE carrying IWB!


Got my CCW license a few months ago and have been trying different holsters and guns and nothing seems to work well for me. I am 6' 245 lbs so a bit on the chunky side. Carrying AIWB has proven to be difficult and when I try strong-side I print like a mofo and also feels like the gun is stabbing me. With AIWB when I sit the gun and holster stab my FUPA and when I carry strong-side the gun stabs my side and easily prints.I have two setups. Glock 48 with a Vedder Lighttuck and a Springfield Armory 911 with a Kydex holster. Neither of these guns is comfortable for me to carry. The 911 is slightly less painful/stabby because of its size, but the 48, which is the one I really want to carry, has proven to be impossible for me to carry so when I must carry because I am going to a sketchy area, I used the 911. I also tried a bellyband and hated it less than the IWB Kydex but it was also uncomfortable and made me feel hot. My next steps include adding a wedge to the Kydex holsters to see if that makes them less painful/stabby. I'm also thinking of buying the Alien Gear belly band holster as that is a combo of belly band and Kydex.For those of you more experienced or have had a similar experience, is it just a matter of conditioning over time? Just suck it up and wait until I get used to it? Should I try other holster brands? Am I just too fat for IWB, overly sensitive, or both?I am determined to make this work so any tips, tricks, or suggestions are appreciated.tldr; Can't stand IWB concealment and want to hear from others who have experienced the same issue on alternatives/tips/tricks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3DaOedQ

No comments:

Post a Comment