Monday, February 22, 2021

What out of state firearms safety courses qualify for getting a Florida non-resident CCW permit?[NC]


I live in North Carolina and will be soon taking a North Carolina concealed carry firearm safety course. From what I've seen it sounds like it'll take 6 months for me to get issued the permit once I complete the course and apply for it. Which made me wonder if there's any utility in going ahead and applying for a Florida non-resident permit (which via reciprocity would allow me to concealed carry in NC) under the assumption that they don't have as much of a backlog.In the basic legalese requirements it says you need a firearm safety course certified by XYZ agencies. Was curious if the North Carolina safety course is recognized as qualifying for that and if not if there's a similar course I can access in North Carolina that does qualify.Beyond the title question I am curious on a couple other things about this:According to carry reciprocity it sounds like once I get my NC permit I can carry in more states except for Nevada as I can with a out-of-state Florida permit. Are there any hidden advantages to the Florida non-resident permit?Anyone know the current turnaround for Florida permits? If it is just as long and there isn't a permit advantage doesn't really make sense to do this I suppose.Also are there any other states that I might try instead? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3sn9vuR

No comments:

Post a Comment