Tuesday, February 2, 2021

TLR-7A and TLR-7 Sub Size Comparison


Hello all, I thought this post might be helpful for those of us who have considered purchasing the new TLR-7 Sub now that it has been announced/released. I personally carry a P365 XL with a TLR-7A on an aftermarket rail, so I thought that it might cut down on the bulk of my setup if I'd pickup the Sub when it hits the market. The following are the dimensions/weight straight from the fact sheets for each product:TLR-7A - Length: 2.58 in. (6.55 cm); Width: 1.18 in. (2.98 cm); Height: 1.27 in. (3.22 cm). Weight: 2.40 oz. (68.1 grams) with batteryTLR-7 Sub - Length: 2.51 in. (6.38 cm); Width: 1.16 in. (2.95 cm); Height: 1.24 in. (3.15 cm). Weight: 2.39 oz. (67.8 grams) with batteryAfter comparing the two, the difference in size is almost negligible in my opinion. I personally will stick with the 7A because of the hassle of buying a new holster and selling my current light if I were to make the switch. If you're looking to get the Sub for your G48/365 or other smaller gun, consider that holster makers may not have options available immediately. On top of this, holsters for the 7A will have retention issues if you were to use it with the Sub. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Mh6ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment