Saturday, March 2, 2019

Advice


Hi all,I'm not sure if this is the proper place to seek the advice I am looking for, but thought I'd give it a shot (no pun intended). I am a 21 year old female, and I am currently a third year at university. I just recently became the proud new owner of a Glock 42, and I took my certification class for my CCW back in December. I have waited to obtain my license, because I want to continue to train and get comfortable with my firearm before carrying. I do not take this responsibility lightly. That being said, I plan to obtain my license soon, and I had a few concerns. Obviously, concealed means concealed. I plan on keeping the fact that I am a CCW license holder (my parents and best friend know, but that's where it ends) to myself for a multitude of reasons. I do have a concern, though. College students tend to be more on the liberal side, which is fine. I am not here to debate political beliefs. I hope I do not run into this, but on the chance I do, I'm seeking advice for how to handle it. I just recently purchased the modular belly band from Crossbreed, and this is how I plan on conceal carrying. It seemed like the most practical and versatile option for how I dress, and the safest considering the kydex holster. If I'm out on a date with a guy, and we hug, and he feels my firearm, how do I proceed? If we are entering a place that prohibits firearms, and I need to put mine in the safe in my car, and that is how he notices I carry, how do I handle that conversation? Essentially, if I am in a situation where it was unavoidable that he found out I carry, how would I handle that conversation? I know firearms can make a lot of people uncomfortable, especially where I am from due to lack of exposure or the media or whatever the case may be. Any advice on how to handle a situation like this? Even if it's not a date, but just a friend regardless of being a male or female? Thank you so much for any insight you're able to offer me! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NCjrgQ

No comments:

Post a Comment