Friday, March 29, 2019

I got pulled over with a gun


I was driving on the highway and talking on the phone with my brother. While on the phone I didn't realize how fast I was going and about 5 or 10 miles after hanging up the phone I see the cherries and blueberries behind me.I signal right to move over and turn on my hazards to pull to the shoulder, turn off the engine but leave the battery on for my dashcam. I roll down my window before realizing the officer is standing by my passenger window.Transcription of the conversation with the officer (of) and myself (me) went as follows:Off: Do you have your license and your registration?Me: Yes Sir, it's in my back pocket.Of: yepMe: My registration is in the glovebox, it's locked because there is a firearm in there.Of: WhatMe: There is a firearm in the...Of: Do you have a License to Carry? (state requirement)Me: Yes.Of: Alright, do you have that with you?Me: Yes I do.Of: Ok.I hand him both my DL and LTCOf: Who's the car registered to?Me: Me.Of: Ok. Why were you going so fast?Me: I honestly didn't realize, um...Of: inaudible (I think he asked either if the gun was mine or again if the car was mine)Me: Yes sir... I just left work, my grandmother just passed away so I'm on my way home.Of: Alright, so your registration's in the glove boxMe: yes sirOf: The car's registered to your nameMe: yes sirOf: Do you have a firearm on your person right nowMe: no sirOf: Alright, just sit tight, keep your hands on top of the steering wheel and [inaudible].about 4 minutes later he comes backOf: Ok, the speed limit's 65 on the [inaudible] and goes down to 53 through the city.Me: ok, thank you.Of: I'm giving you a warning for speeding.Me: ok.Of: ok, slow it down.Me: ok, thank you.I pull back into traffic and continue driving. He gave me a written warning which states that he ladar detected me going 86mph in a 65 zone.I never did give him my registration. He didn't ask for it after I informed him of the gun in the same place.I keep an RG26 in my locked glovebox which I usually unlock out of habit when I get in, but forgot this time since my head was elsewhere. The entire stop took about 6 minutes. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2CJ1R6o

No comments:

Post a Comment