Tuesday, March 26, 2019

New TSA wrinkle when flying


Yes, I read the FAQ on traveling. Yes, I have flown with a firearm a great deal. Dozens of airports, regularly.But I encountered something new and different the other day at MSP (Minneapolis). When I declared my unloaded firearm in my checked bag with the airline at the scale, they requested that I give them the key or leave the firearm case unlocked, and they would take it to TSA out of sight. I've encountered a lot along the way, including several times airline employees told me incorrect information and absolutely insisted they were right...they even caused me to miss a flight once because they insisted on doing it wrong.​So, anyway, I was not comfortable giving them my firearm unlocked (or with key) to walk away with so I asked if they could have a TSA employee come out and take the case from me while verifying that that was the procedure. They were fortunately happy to do so and I ended up with 2 airline employees and 2 TSA employees explaining that as of 2 months ago, that is how they do it.​So I sent my gun back with them unlocked, and kept the key (can be locked without key), it was all as it should be when I arrived at my destination.​Just putting it out there...it seems like a bad idea to me and I don't like it, but, what are you gonna do? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2uwZmzU

No comments:

Post a Comment