Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Night Sights vs Fiber Optic


I'm planning out my CCW setup while I wait to turn 21. Right now I'm deciding between night sights and fiber optic sights. I'm also planning on having a weapon-mounted light (Olight PL Mini). I'm currently leaning towards fiber optic and wanted to check my reasoning with experienced carriers.My thoughts are as follows: since fiber optic sights show up well in ambient light, they should be decent in low-light situations. So, if it's too dark to see your sights, it's probably too dark to be able to identify your target and what's beyond it. Therefore, it's too dark to reasonably use deadly force. If I'm ever in a situation where I need to shoot in pitch black conditions, I'll have my weapon light to light up my target and also my sights. Also, would the use of a light overpower the tritium sights and make them silhouettes?Thanks for any and all advice via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Wrvl03

No comments:

Post a Comment