Monday, March 25, 2019

Just became a Permanent Resident; Are my observations with CCW correct?


Howdy,I'm in AZ.Just became a permanent resident four days ago after years of stupidity. I am planning on getting a CCW class next week and apply for a CCW license because I live around 750 feet from a fucking school and would not like to be a felon as soon as I step foot outside my property. I am going to be ordering a Walther PPS sometime tonight. I have shot it before and I seem to like it better than the G43 which seems a bit wonky in my hand (+ a bit top heavy). The PPS seems to have a more uniform weight in my hand and seems to get closer groups.These are the observations(and questions) I've made so far. Feel free to correct em if I am wrong (in fact, please do):Am I correct in assuming that I should get HST (around 120+ grain) for personal defense, shoot the extra ammo which comes in the box and keep my mags full with the rest, and cycle it every 6 months or so? and in range shoot with generally whatever's FMJ grain version of that? Federal? Hydra-Shok?I can carry in bars after I get my CCW, but absolutely cannot consume alcohol in AZ.Can I just lather my fingers with ballpoint ink and press the fingers in the AZ DPS fingerprint cards?I'm 5'4/100ish lbs, so I already shy away from escalating the situation, and I should keep doing it.AIWB is generally seem to be the way to go unless it's OWB at 3-4'. Do you guys have any holster recommendations other than Vedder?Can I carry on campuses? Am I correct in assuming that there are not state regulations against carrying in campuses but they can ask me to leave and I have to.I should not be around people who smoke marijuana specially when I am carrying.Shoot about 1000 rounds with my Pee Pee Ess?Do I keep my gun in the case it came with when I'm not wearing it or do I keep it in a safe (When I'm asleep for example). Y'know what, I should get a dog holster...Will FBI background check come clear for me (I had to get that done for my permanent residency anyway) since I JUST became one?Given I gave my size above, any belt recommendations for small as fuck guys?Hit the gym.Anything I'm missing for starters? I've been to ranges before and I have shot before (I had a Hunting license), and while the G19 is absolutely fucking awesome I can't really carry that one. It's the size of my fucking head. Hence I went with the PPS.Edit; Question: What's the FFL process like? I found a private FFL dude who's verified at Palmetto State Armory who only charges $20 rather than sportybois bullshit which goes for $45+ via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FDh4YV

No comments:

Post a Comment