Friday, February 1, 2019

What is the correct way to handle this scenario?


Was recently talking to some friends and this story came up. After thinking about it all day, I'm still not sure what the correct actions would've been.​Several of my college aged friends (3 males and 3 females) were at a fast food restaurant around midnight. When they were ordering food, a larger man, clearly intoxicated, starts to make inappropriate and derogatory comments towards the girls. After listening to it for several minutes, one of the girls and restaurant workers politely ask him to stop. Instead, the man becomes apparently angry and either grabs the girls arm or pushes her (this part of the story wasn't very clear to me). Obviously, one of the guys in the group begins to stand in between the aggressor and the girls. Next, the man pushes the guy and begins to pull him outside of the restaurant. Outside, punches were thrown. 2 of the kids ended up bloodied and one had a knot on his head along with a concussion. Eventually the guys were able to go back inside and lock the doors to the restaurant. Somehow, in all his anger, the man was actually able to break the lock on the door and regain entry into the restaurant. Once he entered, he pretty much lost control and began to throw chairs across the restaurant. In the end, the police eventually arrived and were able to arrest the man and take him to jail.​Overall, how would you have handled this situation? While I'm pretty confident in my training without a firearm, I would not be very eager to get into a fight while having a firearm on me. On the other hand, I'm not sure I would be able to sit there and watch my friends get assaulted, especially when they are half the size of the man and there's women involved. Finally, would this situation warrant drawing? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2S6cBpp

No comments:

Post a Comment