Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Traffic stop went better than expected


I live in CT, very notorious for shit gun lawsI was coming home from work, and, admittedly was going over the speed limit. There was a stop sign I rolled past, and after then did I see the cop, and I knew I was caught.He pulled me over, I opened all the windows, kept my hands on the wheel, and turned off my truck.CT is not a duty to inform state, but since I got off work as an armed guard, my Glock 17 was on an OWB holster on my hip.After the officer greeted me and I told him what I did wrong, I told him I had a firearm on my person and had my permit. His response was:"That's cool, so do I. Just don't reach for it and we'll be fine."After he saw my firefighter gear and he took my info, he let me off with a verbal warning, and I went on my day. All in all, successful, and a positive encounter.Lesson learned, stop at the damn stop signs via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2GcZNr0

No comments:

Post a Comment