Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Pulled over by what seemed to be a rookie cop


I was pulled over this evening while traveling home from dinner with my girlfriend. I was commenting to my girlfriend about the fact that the cop behind me didn't have his headlights on. As if on cue he cut them on shortly followed by cherries and berries.I pulled over, turned on the dome light and rolled my window down. He explained my registration was expired. We both came to the conclusion my stickers had been stolen and he asked for my license and registration. I told him registration was in the center console and asked if it was ok for me to reach for it. He responded by asking if there were any weapons in the car. I replied that I had a firearm on my right hip and was a concealed carry permit holder. At that point he asked me to put my hands on the wheel. He had my girlfriend unbuckle my seatbelt and ordered me out.He told me he was going to disarm me and I consented as the tension had mounted and I wanted him to feel at ease. He handed my firearm to his partner and finished getting my info. After he walked away his partner came up and started asking me questions. He asked if I had a protective order out on me or any warrants. I responded that I did not and asked if they had found one and he said "no im just asking." At that point it felt like they were fishing so I stopped conversing with the officer and waited for further instruction from the partner.He came back to my car and asked me to pop the trunk and I declined. He said he wanted to put the gun in there and I replied "You do not have permission to open or enter my vehicle." At which point he said OK and dumped my ammo in the well of my windshield and told me the gun was on my trunk and I could retrieve it when they left. I told them I would like to exit my vehicle and maintain eye sight on the firearm as we were on a crowded city street and they had just set it there with a spotlight on. The first officer said ok but the second told me I could not exit my vehicle until they left. I argued that I could not see back there and I'd like to remain in view of it and he said either open my trunk or too bad.I said ok and got his card from him and let them leave at that point as they were getting visibly agitated and I wanted out of the situation.That was far and away the least professionally I have seen the police behave during a traffic stop on my end. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2DZETYv

No comments:

Post a Comment