Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Hotel clerk asked about my "Other ID"


Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation (I did search on this for @20 minutes, did not come up with anything).Checking into my hotel last night, clerk asked for my ID. Cool, I took out of my wallet and handed it over. Which uncovered my CCW card. I leave my wallet on the counter, open, with the CCW card exposed in the clear plastic window.Clerk hands my DL back, glances at my wallet and says "What is your other ID for? Are you a Sheriff?"A little taken aback, I replied, "No, I am a Licensed Concealed Carrier."The clerk was cool, she said "I thought those were impossible to get here in California?" I replied, "No, just difficult and a little expensive." I also explained that there was a lot of training involved, and that it was ongoing. Clerk was still cool, and I got my room key and headed out for my room.Lesson learned for me: close up my wallet! I travel a lot, so this is going to be an ongoing issue for me.For the record, I am a new CCW holder, 1 week here in the Golden State.Interested in the communities thoughts and advice. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2BMh1rd

No comments:

Post a Comment