Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Encounter with neighborhood dog


I'll just keep this short. I was walking my dog early in the morning. The sun hadn't come up yet, but there are street lights. Suddenly, I see a dog that I hadn't heard coming approach me very quickly. When I saw this I began to raise my shirt with my left hand, which was also holding the leash for my dog, and my right hand went to the grip of my gun.At the same time, I exclaimed "Oh, for fucks sake!", when the dog suddenly turned around and went to the opposite side of the street. My exclamation maybe scared it, or something. A woman yelled, "Sorry!", and I realized it was someone letting their dog out to potty. The gun hadn't left the holster, so I just fixed up my appearance after realizing I wasn't in danger. I don't think the woman even realized I had a gun because of how dark it was.So yeah, that got my heart pumping, and I felt a little silly. I was probably influenced by my friend showing me some bodycam footage of a police officer having to shoot an aggressive dog. The only positive thing that came from this was that I had the correct reaction to what I perceived as danger, and that I had my strong hand free to grab my gun, I suppose.I'm curious to hear any other stories of false alarms, and if you had the correct reactions to perceived threats or if you "fumbled". via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2DbDq4d

No comments:

Post a Comment