Monday, July 9, 2018

Scenario: Am I going to jail?


Here's a hypothetical scenario.I'm a real estate agent. I meet someone at a house to show them the house for sale. I'm a small, 5' 5", 140 lb man.The guy I'm showing the house to is a 280 lb, 6' 2" man. He corners me in the house somewhere and threatens verbally to kill me (for some reason). He is unarmed. As he closes in menacingly, I draw and shoot him dead.No witnesses. No weapon on the other guy. No injuries on me (because I defended myself). Nothing but his word vs mine (well, just mine now, because he's dead).I understand that it's better judged by 12 than carried by 6, but how in the world would you be able to prove that you were about to be attacked unprovoked and you felt like you were going to die? Am I going to jail in this scenario? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ul5eeO

No comments:

Post a Comment