Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Help? Massachusetts LTC


I need some help/advice regarding obtaining a Class A LTC in Massachusetts. Any and all advice is welcome.Here's the situation:I'm headed into my Senior (1/C) year at the Naval Academy, and I've done what I can to ensure that I'll be able to commission into the Marine Corps (~25% of the class does so every year, the rest go Navy). Being a resident of Massachusetts, my knowledge of firearms in general is pretty limited, and I've been uncomfortably aware of that for a while now. Now that I'm 21, I decided to apply for a Class A LTC, which permits the purchase of state-compliant rifles, shotguns, and handguns, as well as concealed carry on an unrestricted license. I want to own a handgun because (rights aside) I know how important it is to practice and maintain shooting skills, as well as learn proper maintenance and care, and I want to be able to do so on my own terms as possible.I have nothing negative on my record and have demonstrated proficiency with a handgun and rifle, and I have completed the required basic firearms safety course. However, Massachusetts is a "may issue" state, and when I went to my police department to apply, I was told that my license was unlikely to be approved because I "have no demonstrated need". What have I done wrong here?(Alternatively, I could apply for a permit in Virginia once at TBS in Quantico, because Virginia is shall issue to non-residents, if I understand that right. The only thing would be that I wouldn't be able to bring anything back to my actual residence in MA. Not ideal. Thoughts?) via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JkaPry

No comments:

Post a Comment