Saturday, July 7, 2018

Belly band holster for runners


If you don’t wanna read it all, scroll to the bottom, link to product is there too.We’ve all heard of them, here’s my 2 week check in on what I’ve experiencedSo this holster is 100% only for running.being that it’s summer, I run at night and I run about a 2 miles each way down my streets I get into areas I don’t really know.Which made me start looking for something I could carry that was fairly light but at least a 9mmSo I went out and bought a lc9, love the gun. But then it had me hunting for a holster. Any clip on holsters we’re out, I’m not wearing jeans while running lol, thought about ankle holsters but it wouldnt be concealed and probably would throw my jog off. So I was poking around amazon and found out about bell band holsters.I really was skeptical. The 2 days it was shipping here i was convinced this thing was a piece of shit. But for 20 bucks it wasn’t a big deal.But surprisingly it hasn’t been. At all.Yes it has cons but I don’t know if there’s really a alternative that gives you what it does. I will do light jogs to almost sprints during my run and it’s rock solid, I’m not clamping it down around me ether just a nice firm fit, and i forget about it. It evens out then weight great, it doesn’t bounce and my biggest concern of all, it doesn’t chafe.It’s all very soft material, and I will probably never have a desire to use anything else due to the success I’ve had with this little guy.It is held in with a button but it’s a light snap. And have had no problems practice drawling it with it on my 5 o’clockSo here’s the bad. It has no trigger guard, it does have a piece of leather but it doesn’t go down far enough. The rest is basically elastic nylon. Big deal for everyday use for me, not so much when running. Cus im just in light clothing and I’m not getting in or out of anything.This one is probably the biggest complaint I hear about these but it doesn’t bother me.Yes it gets hot. But not really so much that you feel it. When u get home in the ac, yes you know it’s way hotter then the rest of you. But when you have the wind on you and your out there. I’ve never noticed it. If anything the only take away that is a negative for this for me is that it gets sweaty as fuck.Last pretty nit picky con is that you do need to get the Velcro on right or it does poke you. But obviously this is a easy fix.So there it is. Everything I’ve experienced and I really believe in it if your a avid runner and you have a lc9 type pistol I think you’ll be very happyTDLRit’s comfortable, it doesn’t move when running, and it doesn’t chafe. my experience is with a lc9, it gets really sweaty.https://ift.tt/2KTiZvx via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2J3cDVv

No comments:

Post a Comment