Saturday, July 7, 2018

Be careful with the Desantis Sof-Tuck


I carry my LC9s pro around 4 o'clock in my Sof-Tuck and had it come completely out of the holster last night while carrying. Granted, I was running upstairs when it happened but no good holster should allow this to happen. Luckily, I had my shirt tucked in and my gun didn't fall down the stairs, but I easily could have pulled the trigger by accident when i reached behind me to grab it, not realizing what it was flopping around on my back.The Sof-Tuck is probably the best $20 holster out there, the mouth doesnt close after drawing, the low-profile clip doesnt show much at all even with a tucked in shirt, and it's less awkward and more comfortable to carry than the Alien Gear cloaktuck 3.5 (that i really should get around to shipping back). That said, though, it offers no retention, even with my belt pulled tight, and little bits of suede shavings get all over my gun.I'm glad I have a Vedder Lighttuck on the way that I ordered before this happened.Please guys, carry in a proper kydex, or even leather holster that has adequate retention. Don't cheap out on your holster. There are ~$35 kydexholsters on Amazon that should do the trick just fine. The extra price is worth it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KZnIJc

No comments:

Post a Comment