Thursday, March 22, 2018

Colorado CCW in Daycare Facility?


Hi All - I know, Reddit isn't full of lawyers - but just wondering if anyone has been able to find any text on the legality of carrying at a daycare in Colorado?We were just forced to change daycare providers. In the old one, I never thought twice about carrying - no signage, and the owners were there every day - I'm sure had there been an issue, we could've handled it quietly. But they're closing, so the wife went and signed up at a new daycare. It's a national chain. I finally went with her yesterday to see the place, and as soon as I got inside, I saw a sign on the wall saying "Gun free school zone". Now, not the official one you see at actual schools - but some piece of shit yellow triangle with almost a cartoon set of kids on it. This is a private institution, and in CO, signs hold no force of law. I just want to make sure this couldn't be treated as a school? I believe they do provide some school-age schooling, but they're basically a private daycare.The best part was, my 9yr old girl saw the sign and made some comment - I don't recall what, but it was a perfect opportunity for me to spout off with "yeah - it's a good thing criminals obey signs!! That's a totally pointless sign" in front of the front desk worker. She chuckled but didn't even look up. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2IFZpzb

No comments:

Post a Comment