Saturday, March 31, 2018

Help Me Decide Which Pistol


So I thought I was dead set on a USPC, until I went and rented a few guns today - and the USP was by far the worst to shoot with my gloves on.I ride a motorcycle as my only form of transportation. Open carry is legal in my state, and most the time, once I arrive at work or other destinations, I go in and change out of my riding pants. So what I'm looking for is a gun that I can open carry while on the bike, and then transition to concealed carry once I arrive. It does, however, also have to be fully operable with my riding gloves on.After shooting a few, I narrowed it down to two pistols:CZ P10CFN FNX-9Both pistols were fully operable, shot great, and felt good. I'm personally a fan of DA/SA, and the FN did seem a little better put together. Notably because the P10C had some funky little thing where the slide assembly bumped to the right slightly on trigger reset. Not a big deal, but irked me some. I am, however, a fan of the P10's low price and even lower bore axis. The difference in price is only $40, so not enough for me to have it as a deciding factor, but it's a factor nonetheless. The holster for the FN is $10 more, however it is suede lined (Sarifland only offers their 6000 series, not the 7000 series as I can get with the CZ), so not quite as optimal in all the weather conditions that I ride in.Which, really, is my biggest concern at this point. Both pistols shot and felt great. Both have minor quirks that I'm sure I'd get used to quite quickly. What I'm not sure on, and rarely see mention of, is firearms finish. Which pistol is likely going to last longer when it's on a bike every single day, rain or shine? Is there anything else that puts one of these pistols above the other for open and/or concealed carry?TIA via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2pXKeca

No comments:

Post a Comment