Monday, March 26, 2018

shout out to Amarok Tactical - holster review


Hey everyone,I wanted to highlight some work that /u/AmarokTactical did for me last week! You may remember the post that I made asking about holsters that had a fully enclosed muzzle. I was contacted by the fine gentleman at Amarok Tactical originally about his Wolfpack holster.Long story short, I decided that while the Wolfpack holster looks nice, I wasn't sure if a holster in that style would be too bulky for me. I had been wanting to try AIWB for a while, and I wanted to have a good first experience. Anyways, I asked Caleb at Amarok if he could make one of his Beta holsters with a fully enclosed muzzle, and he said no problem, he was willing to give it a shot.He made my holster and had it shipped out in an incredibly expeditious fashion. The fit and finish of the holster is great. The kydex is thick, and he paid good attention to smoothing the edges. The retention is adjustable, and the pistol clicks into place very positively. The RCS claw does a tremendous job in aiding in concealment.The only thing I will mention is that the fully enclosed muzzle looked kind of "goofy", in my own words, only because he was fulfilling my oddball and very particular request. The muzzle is fully enclosed as I had asked - you can just see where he kept excess kydex in place so that he could heat and fold the ends over one another. It just looks like one end folded over another.It was actually beneficial in the end, as I decided to expand the space between the end of the holster with my pistol's holster - due to a personal afterthought of my own doing. This pistol is one that I may end up installing a threaded barrel, so the extra space will be helpful. Going back to the excess kydex utilized for covering the muzzle - I was able to warm it up, push it out to my liking, and fold it back over just as Caleb had originally done.I am extremely pleased with my holster - not only due to the quality and workmanship, but also because of the customer support. Caleb answered every single one of my questions about picking and choosing an AIWB holster, and he went the extra mile in implementing my special request.Here is a link to some photos I took of my new holster - https://ift.tt/2I6mfi8 via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2IVPYvq

No comments:

Post a Comment