Sunday, March 25, 2018

I live in Texas. If I get my Texas LTC, will authorities in other states be notified if they pull my plates / run a scan on my license?


I know that if I get pulled over in Texas, my license plates will flag the cop about my CCW. Does that info get shared amongst other states or is that information restricted to my home state?I have no plan to break any state laws, regardless of how absurd they might be. If I drive through those states I will ensure that my firearms are legally stored or left behind. But if the hostility towards legal firearm owners continues in its current direction, all it would take is one leftist judge to decide that having a CCW permit from a red state is enough "probably cause" to search your vehicle for illegal weapons at a roadside stop.I realize that that scenario wouldn't hold up in court, but that doesn't mean I want to go through the process. As a firm believer that the 5th amendment is there to protect the innocent from police overreach, I'd like to minimize my exposure to any searches or targeting of that sort. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2IQSa7B

No comments:

Post a Comment