Thursday, March 29, 2018

Milling/slidework on my main carry gun?


Hello all, I've got a few questions about doing slide work or milling the slide on an EDC firearm. I regularly carry a (post op)P320C, and I love it. My fiancee works in a small machining/fabrication shop, so I asked her to see if her bosses could/would do some machining/milling to a firearm slide. Well she came home with a "yes", stating that I won't even be charged for the work albeit it's not overly intricate.My question is, should I have this done to my EDC? From what I understand, this can help by lightening the slide, causing less recoil felt by the shooter. Am I missing something, besides the fact that I'm pretty damn lucky? I feel like a lighter slide could potentially cause the need for a heavier recoil spring, but I'm not sure, any ideas? If you're wondering why I'd like to machine the slide on my carry gun, the answer strongly consists of the free opportunity presented to me. Thanks ahead of time for feedback/insight! I don't carry +p, just 145 gr JHP. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2uuTERJ

No comments:

Post a Comment