Monday, March 26, 2018

M&PC vs M&P shield?


I will be purchasing my first pistol for the purpose of concealed carry in the comming months and am stuck on this decision. I am already very familiar with the m&p platform and have a full size as my nightstand gun, but I dont think ill be able to effectively conceal it due to my size (5'10" 180 pounds, 32"waist). I will likley carry AIWB as this is the position which im least likley to print (from my limited personal experience trying on various setups). The things I find most attractive about the shield are the ease with which even small women are able to conceal it, specifically its reduced width. I have fired a sheild and dont notice any significant change in my accuracy from any other small striker fired weapon. Meanwhile the compacts key draw for me personally is its ability to accept full size magazines, meaning my existing stash of standard mags can be used in both weapons. The compact also has a shorter grip, and only a marginally longer slide length. Just interested in hearing other opinions on the two weapons and hopefully learning from someone elses experience so that the amount of time, frustration and money I spend learning to concealed carry well might be lessened. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GdUrYF

No comments:

Post a Comment