Saturday, March 31, 2018

Woods Gun for Trail Running?


I just started working out a few months ago, specifically trail running. I struggled to find a CCW and holster system that didn’t feel too cumbersome.These are well populated and maintained trails in the Adirondacks in NY. Biggest animals would be black bears, but in the years of hiking and camping in the area I’ve only seen one. And I saw him at a distance, while I was quietly camping alone at dusk. Now my with my fatass flopping and running through the woods, I doubt I’m sneaking up on anything.But, as with anyone with a CCW I wanted to be prepared for the worst. I started carrying my J-Frame, a smith 360 in 357. Sure it’s just under 2in barrel, but I still feel like it’s better then a SC 9mm. I tried belly bands, fanny packs, and an ankle rig before I settled on a remora holster with an ulti-clip, loaded with Underwood Extreme Penetrators.I carry my license, a waterproof matchbook, and my car key behind my iPhone in an arm band. I also have an emergency blanket, streamlight micro steam, a tiny Gerber knife and a life straw in one pocket, speed loader in the other. I wear a paracord bracelet and wireless earbuds. Very lightweight, and I feel adequately prepared for a few miles in the woods.So what’s your setup for working out, specifically with trail running if anyone’s into that. For an overnight or even a lengthy day hike I’ll take my 44. But for a quick workout, I can’t be bothered to carry much more then this. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GrGeaA

No comments:

Post a Comment