Monday, February 19, 2018

College Carry Question


Sorry, this is a bit long...I just got my CCW permit for Connecticut, which is an open carry state. However, I am a state employee and work at a community college - where it is prohibited to carry or to have guns at all.My issue is that my college makes 0 attempts at making it safe against a potential shooter. No lockdown procedures, no special training, nothing. The campus is open to anyone, no special id cards needed to access any and all parts of buildings. Campus public safety response time is absurd (I once had to call for a colleague having a heart attack, it took them 10 mins to find the room and 911 wouldnt respond until our campus officers called them directly). So I am honestly fearful of what might happen to students/workers if something were to happen and I want to protect myself. I am thinking of a deep concealment (smart carry) with just a small single stack 9mm.So I have 2 questions...If I carry and a campus shooter WAS to go on rampage and I tried to stop it to defend myself and others, do you think I would lose my job?What would you do in this situation?Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2HwycOH

No comments:

Post a Comment