Friday, December 1, 2017

Trading a Sig P320 for S&W M&P M2.0?


I have a brand new Sig P320. The day after I bought it, I found out about the "Voluntary Upgrade." The shop owner was nice enough to give me the option to return the P320 and apply the amount towards another gun. I went in and held the M&P M2.0. The gun and stippling felt really good in my hands, and I like the idea of interchangeable backstraps. I also felt like it pointed better for me since it's not as tall as the P320. The trigger felt pretty good. This is my first gun, so I don't know much about what makes a trigger "good."After reading about the P320, it kind of freaked me out to have a gun without any type of safety, whether that be a trigger or manual safety. I know it's kind of ridiculous to be worried about a safety, but this is my first gun, and I feel like I would have more peace of mind with the ability to use a safety, and have a trigger safety. (I wouldn't let that be an excuse to practice unsafe gun handling though.) Plus I could remove the thumb safety later on.If I had the chance to redo it, I would have gone with the M&P M2.0, knowing what I do now. However, I gave option C below just so I don't make the same mistake again.If you were in my position, would you:a. Swap out the P320 with a model that's gone through the "Voluntary Upgrade" process.b. Exchange it for the M&P M2.0c. Trade it in and look at other guns. I was also looking at the HK VP9, FN FNS-9, and Walther PPQ. I would have to start back at square one, since the only guns I've held are the P320, Springfield XD Mod 2, and the M2.0. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2APzIv6

No comments:

Post a Comment