Tuesday, December 6, 2016

My Alien Gear Cloak Mag Carrier arrived.


So I received my Cloak Mag Carrier in the mail yesterday and overall it seems to be a decent product. I had bought it with the intention of carrying it OWB and horizontally. I didn't like the idea of the mag sticking into my side if worn vertically and with the backing on it. I'm a bigger guy so it has potential to do that. This is the first mag carrier I've owned so I'm not really comparing it to anything.Comfort: As mentioned, I am carrying it horizontally and OWB but the ability to convert it to IWB is nice. There wasn't any discomfort, rubbing, or weight issues. I tried carrying it IWB with the backing on but I didn't find it comfortable myself. I am a bigger guy so it digs into my side and feels awkward.Functionality: Upon first wearing it horizontally/OWB I used the recommended wide belt clip. The clip doesn't grip onto my belt so it's kind of floating back and forth between the belt loops on my pants.. Could be an issue in the heat of the moment although I think a good tug should get it out of there. The retention of the magazine is adjustable which is nice but I don't know how the screws or the contact point will hold up over time. There are two buckle slides in case you want to carry it deeper IWB.I'm curious to see if anyone else has ordered this and carrying it the same way I am. The only small issue I am having is it sliding back and forth on my belt. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gOf4ku

No comments:

Post a Comment