Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Anyone tried Nightsiters? What's your opinion?


I just recently got a Glock 19, now I want to put some sort of night sights on it when I get the money. I've been carrying a shield 9 for a year or so with trijicon tritium night signts and I love them.While looking around for night sights I stumbled upon a company called Nightsiters. They are just a set of stickers you stick to your stock sights and they glow in the dark, apparently pretty damn bright too. I have never heard of them from anyone so I'm a little skeptical but they are only ~$12 or ~$17 depending on which set you get. They have a 3 dot system and a dot front w/ rectangle strips for glocks or for the post-type sight on the front of a revolver.I absolutely love my trijicon sights on my shield, and if I had the money to blow on new sights I probably would get some for the glock. However, sort of on a budget saving for wife's law school (the only way I had the money for the glock was because she is taking over the shield).Anyway, I was wondering what the opinion/experience of r/CCW was. I watched a couple videos of a guy showing his "older" nightsiters that have been on guns and they seem to function well still. Here's a link to their site:http://ift.tt/2hdGxsH: Well, I just found their "Glow Time Comparison Chart" that I somehow managed to miss before I posted this. I guess the part that makes me hesitate about them compared to tritium is the fact that they lose their glow pretty quickly after losing light exposure. Which doesn't seem very pleasing to me because my gun pretty much lives in it's holster on my side until bedtime and then it gets to sit in a holster some more. I assume it would not get near enough light exposure to glow.EDIT2: So I think I'm already convinced not too get them just because of the fact they need to be charged, I was tunnelvisioned and didn't realize they needed to be charged that frequently. But thanks to a few quick comments, I see this now. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gO1zBb

No comments:

Post a Comment