Thursday, August 18, 2016

Small Single Stack 9 / G43 - Is a good holster worth it? SG vs Gcode Incog vs Cheap Kydex


Hey guys, I had pretty much finished with my impulse buying of upgrades for my G43, but the last thing tentatively on my list was a better holster. My current Desantis Slim-Tuk is alright, but not great - the clip is too large for my 1.5" 5.11 Trainer belt and it rocks back and forth cant-wise when you push it, or when you're like getting in and out of a car, but other than that its not bad, and its pretty comfortable for the most part. I've carried a G19 in an Incog (original Incog converted to 1 clip) and the holster was incredible. Super comfortable, EXTREMELY secure feeling for only 1 clip and a G19, but I can't help feeling like it provides only a marginal benefit for a gun as small and light as the G43? StealthGear is also raved about on here, but is it really gonna make a huge difference for an 18 ounce single stack like the G43? For larger guns, or single stacks like the XDS 9, I get it, as that's a bit thicker and 5 ounces heavier, about the same weight empty as a G19, but towards the bottom size/weight end of the single stacks, like the CM9, G43, P938, is it worth the $80-100? Is there a noticeable difference? I carry IWB right now, as my current holster is bad for AIWB - the gun flops outward away from my body when clipped AIWB - I know the Incog corrects this with the bent clips, not sure about SG, but either way, I think I'd like to stick to IWB... thoughts? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2b00gxv

No comments:

Post a Comment