Sunday, August 21, 2016

I feel vulnerable.


Kinda wanted to vent a little. So here in Illinois, one of the prohibited carry places is public parks and park district property.As I sit here, unarmed, at Millennium Park, in from of the Bean, I am constantly people watching in order to spot any CCW carriers and suspicious people. So far so good. But I feel vulnerable.I fail to understand how people feel safe and trusting in such a crowded area. They assume that bad things can't happen to them nor will an attack occur today. But it can. Literally anyone can pull out a rudimentary/MacGyvered automatic rifle and do some serious damage. To be honest, as a brown person who is sitting at a table with an unmarked red box (which is a freezer box), I'm surprised I'm not getting looks.What would be the first steps in the first moments if a disturbed individual decided that this park is now a shooting range? The rent-a-cops security here is not armed with anything besides a radio. What are they going to do? (That is if they get off their phones and notice). How long will it take for the threat to be neutralized? By the time someone with even a chance shows up, many will have been killed. There are damn near zero security cameras so if the shooter leaves, he won't be caught.I do not understand the logic of lawmakers when they prohibited trained CCW permit holders from carrying in places that would be target most by demons. I go to jail if I am caught prepared and I know that many of you will say that carrying anyways will solve the problem. However, I feel that those CCWers that do get caught give the rest of us a bad name and I do not want to be that guy nor lose my license.I guess my rant about this is just the absurdity of a political mindset that carrying in a crowded area is a bad idea. Many lives would be saved if someone tried to attack and a CCWer took them down. Granted the news wouldn't cover it, how does anyone not see the logic??Anyways, rant over for now..thanks for reading. Carry on. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2b9iE7b

No comments:

Post a Comment