Sunday, August 21, 2016

Clever Girl....


Happy Weekend /r/ccw! I've seen many people on here praising the T-Rex Arms Sidecar AIWB holster so I thought I would share with you my experience with it's little brother, the Raptor. I have been thinking about trying appendix carry with my G19 for a good long while and after seeing so much positive buzz about T-Rex I elected to give them a go. Sadly I am not John Hammond so I was unable to spare no expense, the $100+ price tag for the Sidecar was just a little to much for me to spring on an experiment.I settled on the Raptor and after three days of use I've gotta say I could not be happier with it. This is an absolutely fantastic holster. I have never had a problem with just dropping a spare g19 mag in my pocket so I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having the mag carrier attached to the Sidecar and, being a scrawny guy, the extra bulk of it would most likely make the rig harder to conceal. Fit and finish is second to none, on par with or better that Dara. The belt clip that came attached to the Raptor gave the pistol a very high riding position on the belt causing it to print quite a lot in the tighter fitting shirts that I wear. Thankfully T-Rex sends you another clip that allows the holster to sit a little lower and that solved the problem.Comfort is outstanding. I love my Glock and shoot it better that my other pistols but rarely carried it because I could never get a good balance of conceal-ability and comfort. Not anymore! Right away I put the Raptor to the test. I went out with friends, several of whom are gun owners, and told them about my new rig. They couldn't believe I was pulling it off in a tight fitting black t-shirt.The retention is easily adjustable and draw is smooth and consistent, right in line with what we expect from today kydex holsters. One other nice feature is the removable Raptor Claw. You are not locked into AIWB carry with the Raptor. If you want to get it to try out the carry position but find it's not to your liking that's ok, because this holster works just as well in the 3-5 o'clock position.My opinion is that the Raptor is a top quality holster, offering tremendous value for the money. If you want to try AIWB carry I strongly recommend that you look to T-Rex Arms.Couple Pic's of the Raptor before a night out on the town with my GF. She had no idea I was carrying that gun until we got home. http://ift.tt/2bGTh9T via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bxUUJg

No comments:

Post a Comment