Monday, August 2, 2021

X300A attachment mechanism wear and tear (daily removal)


Hello-I've recently "pimped" out my G19.3 and added an RMR + X300 to it. I mainly carry an LCP custom in my pocket but felt like I wanted to carry my 19 around more frequently but also use it as a home defense weapon. However, when I carry, I do not want to have the x300A attached to it. Will I ruin the X300A spring mechanism by removing and reinstalling this light on a daily basis? Should I even bother? Will this setup be gigantic for my frame?Build: Height 5'8" 150lb- in between athletic and skinny fat with lacking pectorals to hide AIWB'd G19 super effectivelyDress: Usually dress in form fitting t shirt (I can make concessions here) and straight<->slim fit jeanshttps://imgur.com/6lxA9nW (me when I first started trying to figure out AIWB)https://ift.tt/2WLMQOj a related Tangent: I was originally planning on RMR'ing my G34 and adding the X300 for use as a HD / Competition gun. After much deliberation and searching for a Brownell's Gen4 slide, I gave up and just ended up putting everything on my CCW Glock 19 Gen 3. Lo and behold the day after I get my new gen 3 slide installed the gen4 RMR slides for the 34 come in stock. I am also looking to purchase a new home soon and need to do some downsizing/consolidation (more time focused on 1 platform e.g. G19, fewer guns to maintain, etc.). I've more or less decided to sell my G34 as I pretty much never use it and don't have time to compete any more.I am faced with 4 options:carry G19 with a pocket EDC light (without X300): modify existing AIWB holster to accommodate RMR, Remove X300 daily and put it back on when I go homePainstakingly purchase even more parts (another RMR, OEM UPK, Slide, etc.) and rock a 34 for HD/comp and carry the G19 around when I feel like itcarry the G19 with the X300 because maybe it isn't actually that badfuck it all: continue carrying the LCP with an EDC light and use the G19 as a HD gun (not having a full length HD gun kind of eats at my soul but whatever) via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2VcKXK2

No comments:

Post a Comment