Saturday, August 21, 2021

2nd firearm for home defense / situational carry?


I know this is a CCW sub but I figured you guys would have some good advice. I’m a fairly new gun owner, purchased my first firearm during the pandemic and acquired my permit. I had plans buying before the pandemic.. but stimulus check combined with a promotion and big raise made the odd timing.Supply was limited of course.. I ended up buying a Glock 42. My local area didn’t have much else that I liked. I managed to grab some .380 ammo here and there before it became an urban myth and one of my long time friends who is an avid collector was generous enough to cut me a very nice deal on some of his .380 stash so I am good there. This is the only firearm I own. I’ve shot it enough to feel comfortable with it, I carry it and it stays in my dresser when I’m not using it (I don’t have kids). It works for me and I’d like to stick with it.I do want to add another firearm. I’m not a collector nor plan on being one.. but something bigger for the house would make me feel more comfortable. I kind of like the idea of being able to carry it during cooler weather for a part of the year, but I think my primary goal would be home defense, as I’m fine carrying my 42 year round.My mind is automatically thinking Glock 17/19.. I’m not brand specific. I was looking at a Sig P320 compact at my local gun store yesterday as well, but if anyone has advice I’d be nice to bounce some ideas. Part of me wants to get a G17 and just keep carrying my 42, but another part of me likes the idea of a G19 for times when I’m wearing a coat/flannel during the winter months. I carry IWB at 4ish. I’m a bigger guy, so concealing is challenging (appendix isn’t happening), which is why I actually like the 42 so much.Any thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3AZEm4J

No comments:

Post a Comment