Friday, August 20, 2021

20+k rounds and two of the same firearms later - best bang for your buck?


I see tons of posts about "best gun for my dollar?" or "Experienced guys/gals, what's your recommendation?"While not an operator or LE or even that "TACTI-COOL" of a guy.... I do teach/assist in an intro course, am a certified instructor and safety officer, shoot local competitions and am an all around decent shooter (subjective, I know) I carry every day, shoot once a week and am just really passionate about responsible, confident and fun firearms ownership.So, my "do-all" pistol of choice?Shadow Systems MR920.After having run many, MANY pistols, I have come to depend on the Shadow Systems MR920 (previous to that, the MR917) It fits the bill for an EDC pistol and truly, a "MULTI ROLE" firearm (see what they did there? MR...)Its a Glock 19 for all intensive purposes but milled, formed and upgraded in house. Used to be a niche pistol but now they are becoming mainstream - check Gunbroker or your local shopTakes a light very well, I suggest the TLR-7Fits all Glock 19 holsters near perfectly (so far)Internals and externals are already upgraded for ya out the door... from the trigger to the sights, slide release and moreIMO, has the ideal trigger pull for a defensive pistol. The Goldy Locks zone between competition light and duty heavyCan be run dirty, like....REALLY dirty... As a personal test I ran 3k+-ish, consecutive rounds with no cleaning, and it just kept on trucking. Fed it all sorts of rounds from steel to brass to reman. to syntheticPoints extremely naturally. I've been hard pressed to find a compact firearm that gets on target as fast as the Shadow Systems.... other than my upper tier 1911's, which lets face it, are NOT compacthttps://preview.redd.it/1qeu1jfe2ni71.jpg?width=3511&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b631ab84f47e2f3f9d1e3516b3dc9614044fea50Light weight for EDC! Easy to conceal at nearly any position, I am an AIWB guy at 220lbs 5'-11", so not slight in frame. The MR 920, in a decent holster, just blends in, even in a T-shirt and shortsCan come with a UNIVERSAL optics cut and threaded barrelPrice point is EXTREMELY reasonable for what your getting (Base can be found for under 800.00)I swear, Shadow Systems only paid me .... I mean, what? I just like the platform.Be safe all! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3gljPzH

No comments:

Post a Comment