Saturday, April 24, 2021

Shoot or not shoot?


A few weeks ago, I was at a bar with my buddies. I wasn’t drinking nor were we sitting at the bar. We were outside sitting at some tables. I was just there cause one of my friends got wasted and I wanted to make sure he gets home safely. I am carrying at the time. As we are sitting outside, there’s 3 people in a SUV hot boxing. Whatever. None of my business. There’s also a homeless looking dude who’s not 100% in the head and he has a laser pointer and he’s so far just been aiming it around at the floor and wall not near anyone. Eventually the front passenger steps one foot out of the SUV and gets into a verbal argument with the guy. They homeless dude is apologetic and the other guys is just cursing and threatening to beat his ass. Eventually the passenger sits back in his seat and continues to hang out with his friends. I end up walking into the parking lot with my buddies to let my wasted friend throw up. As he’s throwing up the car backs out of its space right in front of the bar and becomes parallel with the building. I am on the driver side of the vehicle. I notice the driver and the passenger this time are screaming at the homeless guy again through the passenger window and the homeless guy is still trying to say sorry. I also notice the driver has something in her hand and her hand is extended across the passenger. I asked myself if it was a gun. However, I couldn’t tell what it was but I stayed alert and had my hand on my gun just in case it escalated. The homeless man was toward their passenger side about 30 feet away. If anything happened, their attention would be In the complete opposite direction I was in. Eventually they drive off and it’s all settled. However later I learned from the homeless guy and another bystander that the driver had a gun in her hand and was aiming it at the homeless person. Personally I’m happy with my decision not to do anything because god forbid I was wrong about the gun. However, say I did identify the gun, what would you have done in that situation. Pull your weapon and tell them to drop the gun? Just plug the driver from behind? Or avoid it and potentially let the homeless guy get shot? I’m curious because I feel if I identified the gun, I would’ve drawn my gun and waited for them to fire the first shot before shooting into the car via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3xmDdU0

No comments:

Post a Comment