Saturday, April 24, 2021

First Contact with LE since permit


Had a contact with LE last night and wanted to share and had some questions:As has been my experience, they like to do the asking and appreciate straightforward answers. Having a permit, being armed, and the duty to inform hadn't even entered my mind until after they took my ID and my hearing the first thing out of their radio that I was an active CCW holder. I immediately went "Oh yeah!" and started telling them - they just seemed irritated and almost threw my license back at me.My understanding under Ohio law is that CCW carriers must immediately inform officers upon contact and not doing so could result in a misdemeanor charge. This genuinely didn't enter my mind until I heard it over the radio. What are some techniques I could use to keep this in mind if there's a next time? I carry full-time, but contacts with LE are few and far between (hopefully never again!).Also, I was permitted in a different county, but it was a deputy that contacted me. Do all police have this info? Just in home state, or just sheriff's departments? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2QYuqqM

No comments:

Post a Comment