Saturday, April 24, 2021

Legality of car holsters in KY


I'm looking at getting a car holster for longer drives so that I don't have to keep my carry pistol on my belt. The only text I can find online regarding carrying in a car in KY is as follows:"Kentucky allows any person not prohibited from possessing a firearm to carry a loaded or unloaded firearm in a vehicle in any closed container, compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether the enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked or does not have a locking mechanism."Based on this, a holster that would attach to the driver's seat seems to be illegal. Does anyone have any knowledge on whether this is accurate?For reference, I was considering a holster such as this: https://ift.tt/3ntTl1D via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3aC0TtO

No comments:

Post a Comment