Friday, April 30, 2021

Protecting Yourself/Home without a gun?

This has gotten on my nerves so much lately just because of how ignorant some people are when I talk to them about it. Basically I’ll be living on my own pretty soon and I’d like to learn how exactly to protect my home, myself, and my belongings. When I bring up my fear of getting attacked or worse to someone, they’re always quick to say I should get a gun. I don’t blame them at first because I know it’s honestly an easy solution, but it does aggravate me that they don’t realize how many people are scared or have trauma related to guns. Even thinking about them makes me nervous and I hate having to disclose my personal trauma to someone I’m acquaintances with. The reason I get so upset is because it’s happened more than once, and when I say I don’t like guns they come at me like that means I’m going to go to their house and throw away all their guns lmfao. I’ve always had anxiety with regards to loud noises, so that combined with intrusive thoughts and PTSD would not make a good combination for a gun owner. Basically, I’d like alternatives to owning a gun but still with the ability to feel as safe. I have a dog who is quick to alert me if he hears anything that doesn’t add up, but other than that I don’t have anything else to protect myself. I hope this doesn’t come off as rude or anything because I’m genuinely wanting to know how to protect myself, I’m just tired of the people in person that don’t offer much of a solution besides getting a gun.



Submitted April 30, 2021 at 02:01PM by crewfc https://ift.tt/3eClJKA

No comments:

Post a Comment