Friday, April 30, 2021

Getting CC at 18. Thoughts?


Hi, all. This is my first post here, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to discuss. Anyways, I’ve recently considered getting a license to conceal carry a pistol with me lately. I’m graduating high school soon and I’m thinking about having some self defense while I’m out on the streets more often. I’ve been shooting guns since I was 10 and have amateur gun training (the obvious: hearing protection, never look down a barrel, leaving safety on, empty chambers, and general maintenance). However, in my area, there is some political instability with protests and such. I do not involve myself in these events because they don’t regard issues that concern me, and I have seen a lot of violence arise from these. I’ve had friends that were assaulted on the streets, and I feel as though carrying a handgun would give me more peace of mind. It’s something I’d never want to use, but if push comes to shove, I’d be glad I had one. I haven’t talked about this much with my parents. My dad owns a gun (does not carry it — simply leaves it in a safe), and my mother HATES guns. I have a job and the funds to purchase a decent handgun. In my state, CC is legal and 18 year olds can get a license. But I want to hear y’all’s opinions on an 18 year old getting a handgun for CC. I have no criminal background, and again, this is simply a peace of mind thing for being on the streets. What kind of firearm and holster would you recommend? I’m considering revolvers, just because I have experience shooting them, but I want something small, subtle, and safe. Any other tips, feel free to share.TL;DR: I’m 18 and considering buying a CC for post-graduation peace of mind. CC is legal in my state and I have no criminal history. I have a somewhat amateur history with firearms for the past 8 years of my life with basic rifle training. What are your thoughts on a 18 year old getting a firearm for CC? What would you recommend for a first timer? I would prefer to have a revolver, the smaller, the better. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3u5Hbyp

No comments:

Post a Comment