Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Local Gas Station Shooting, 1 injured 2 dead including shooter. How would you act with your CCW?


Last night at 5am, a local gas station that I frequent had a shooting. My girlfriend's school is literally a few hundred feet away and she would have heard the shots had she been awake. Here's the article.The man shot at a women's car while driving to the gas station. She did not notice, and pulled in. The shooter then pulled up alongside a jeep and shot (injuring not killing) the man inside, before getting and shooting/killing a trucker pumping gas. He then fled on foot a quarter mile before shooting and killing himself. This seems to be an entirely random shooting. Tell me, how should a CCW holder react in this situation?This is scary because I frequent this gas station very often and so does my girlfriend (she goes to Cedar Crest which is literally RIGHT there, like a few hundred feet). I have been in there at 5am, I have stood at those very same pumps. I'd like you all to share what you would do, whist I'll share the different breakdowns that are apparent to me.I am alone, getting gas. The man pulls up and starts shooting. Around a gas station there is no solid cover aside from my car, which bullets tend to go right through. It's all open, so there would be no feasible retreat. I would likely draw and return fire, being as cognizant of what is beyond the man as possible.I'm alone but in the store. The walls are concrete and there is lots of cover to hide. I would likely hide and call 911 while being prepared to act if the man entered to store and hiding wasn't an option. I could flee out the back door, but I wouldn't want to leave everybody in there to be killed. I'd play it by ear.I'm with my girlfriend and we're both in the car. I would flee immediately if it's possible to drive away, if not I would get out and hide behind the engine (instructing my GF to do the same), draw my CCW and be prepared to act if the threat is turned out way. I would have my GF call 911 at the same time.This is the scary one. I am in the store and my girlfriend is in the car at the pump or parking lot. I can't leave her in immediate danger of sever bodily harm or death- I would draw my CCW and get to her ASAP. I would likely have to shoot or risk the chance of the shooter noticing my GF and shooting at her (wawa parking lots are VERY open/exposed and my windows are NOT tinted at all). I never want to have to put myself in danger when I'm already safe or have to shoot at somebody, but I WILL protect my loved ones.My GF and I are in the store. Same as Scenario 2, except I have her call 911 while I stay attentive and ready to act.Please let me know what you guys think. Everybody thinks "It'll never happen to me" but this very realistically could have been me. I am shaken by the idea, and also eager to hit the range and train much more (I've been too conservative with ammo and too lax on training). I'd like to know how you'd all react in this same situation. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/32DMZmk

No comments:

Post a Comment