Friday, April 2, 2021

Colorado Permit - Current Military


Howdy folks,Moving to Colorado shortly from the ol Minnesota, where I am a current permit holder, and looking to get a better understanding of the requirements for permits there. I am (unfortunately) a member of the National Guard here in Minnesota and have been for a hot minute. The current statute says that for my certification, I need to provide one of the following(I) Evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competitions or current military service;Can this just be a copy of my enlisted record brief showing I am a member of the guard? Do I need to provide a training cert saying I completed my range qual? Can I just present a photocopy of my CAC?​(VI) A training certificate from a handgun training class obtained within the ten years preceding submittal of the application. The applicant shall submit the original training certificate or a photocopy thereof that includes the original signature of the class instructor. To the extent permitted by section 18-12-202 (5), in obtaining a training certificate from a handgun training class, the applicant shall have discretion in selecting which handgun training class to complete.So...this can literally be any class, any state that I want (that isn't online apparently), any level? So I can go take a basic handgun safety class and be good to go?​Much appreciated folks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3mcXma1

No comments:

Post a Comment