Saturday, March 2, 2019

The time technically not having a gun saved me


Not sure if this belongs here, but I wanted to share the story.Coming back from my local air base where I work, I pulled into my parking lot. Naturally, I can't carry my weapon with me when I go to my base. Well, technically I can, but it's a long trip to work, and I don't want to visit the armory every morning. This particular day, I had some after work stuff to do, so I didn't get home till after dark. I parked my car at my apartment complex and started organizing my things. Keys to the pocket, check my wallet, unplug my phone and stuff it in my fleece...no need to pocket the vape, I'll just carry it in my hand. I stepped out of my car. I don't know how the truck snuck up on me, it must have rolled up after I had parked and while I was messing with my things. As soon as I stepped out, they turned on their lights, and the passenger side door opened. I couldn't see well past their lights, all I heard was a voice. "He's got a gun!"The door closed, and they very quickly performed a 3 point turn in an empty spot and sped away. I stood there confused for a moment, and looked down. I was holding my vape by the glass, all that was exposed was the square, black, steel body of the device at a 90 degree angle. It looked like the nose of a handgun.I don't want to say that "my vape saved my life"...but the appearance of it in my hand, held against my chest the way I had to avoid my own door, certainly seemed to have saved me from some kind of conflict. I suppose I should count myself lucky. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GWn1Si

No comments:

Post a Comment