Sunday, March 3, 2019

How do you store your primary CCW at night or when not in use?


So I don't live by myself but its a house.I've a MP Shield 2.0 with a Vedder Light Tuck. Currently, every time I'm finished with my business outside. I carefully take the gun+holster out from Appendix and then un-holster the gun, and carefully drop the mag and rack the slide to get the round in the chamber out.Then I take the handgun and mag and store it in one of these safes below my bed and lock it up with the holster sitting on top.My issue with this is that I'm constantly racking a new round in everytime and the sound of doing so in the house makes people nearby skittish if they hear it even if they don't mind guns. I'm also warry of the constant mechanical action of doing so and introducing a new element of failure since I'm not just allowing the round in the chamber to be there.There's also the fact that I can't readilly get to it in <30s in the event of an intruder.Do you guys and galsKeep handgun with round in chamber always in holster and by nightstand?Store handgun with holster in some safe? (mine won't fit with the holster on in that safe.Something else via /r/CCW https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/ax07en/how_do_you_store_your_primary_ccw_at_night_or/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment