Thursday, September 20, 2018

Pulled over doing 47 in a 30


Not a very long post but thought I should share.Got pulled over in Salt Lake City, UT this morning doing the above speed. Not on purpose, but just wasn’t watching the speed as I was trying to avoid a swerving moped in the other lane.Sure enough I zip by an officer on a motorcycle, he pulls out. Lights go on. Damn.I immediately turn off the car, open the window, and get out my license and CCW permit in my right hand with both hands on the wheel. I hand him both.He asks if I’m carrying, I say “Yes, it is unloaded in the bag in the passenger seat.”Gives me the classic while chuckling “Well if you don’t touch yours I won’t touch mine.”Walks away and checks the license, comes back and says “Well, I had you at 17 over but I’m gonna cut you a break and only mark you as 5 over.” Never even asked for registration or insurance.Hands me the citation and walks away with no problems. All in all a positive experience (except for the ticket of course lol). via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PQPo4U

No comments:

Post a Comment