Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Pittsburgh/Allegheny County, PA LTCF Application Process


This post is mainly for people living in Allegheny County in Pittsburgh to help you quickly and easily get your conceal carry permit. Most of the basic information for Allegheny is available online, but this should help a bit.First, a little bragging: I challenge anyone to prove that they got their permit anywhere in the U.S. faster than I did today. The whole process, from getting my parking ticket in downtown Pittsburgh to paying for the ticket and leaving, took EXACTLY 10 MINUTES. That's getting the ticket, finding a parking spot, walking across the street to the courthouse, asking a police officer where to go, finding the office, handing over my application, getting approved, getting my picture taken, having the permit printed and laminated, and walking back to the pay station in the parking lot to pay for the ticket. And, to prove it, here's a copy of my parking receipt showing the time stamps:https://ift.tt/2NY78hw was actually in a bit of a time crunch, since I don't work downtown and had to get out of the city before it was too late. I didn't know if there would be a long line of people, whether the process would go smoothly, what they would ask, or where exactly the office even was in the building. Now that I know, feel free to copy me!Here's exactly what I did:Plan to arrive at the parking lot at around 7:55 a.m. I did this on a random Wednesday morning and got to the lot at exactly 7:56 a.m.Park in the Grant Street Parking Lot, located on Grant Street downtown, between 4th and Forbes, directly across from the City-County building. This is not a garage, but the open lot. The lot is VERY expensive, but it's $8 for the first 20 minutes. I made it with 10 minutes to spare. If you're longer than 20 minutes, I think it jumps to $24 or something. This is the lot: https://ift.tt/2OFfmrS across Grant Street to the courthouse, which is diagonal to the parking lot. Walking along Grant, it's the second door you come to. The first door is an exit only, the second is the entrance. This is the entrance: https://ift.tt/2NVnTtr directly through the door and straight into the courtyard, so you're around trees, benches and a fountain (I think?).On your left, under an archway, is a sign for firearm permits. There's a giant stop sign before the door that tells you to have your stuff ready.Have your application already filled out, signed, and dated. Have your ID and $20 cash in hand when you walk through the door.There are 3 people working the desks and processing applications. I walked in when they opened at exactly 8:00 a.m. and they took me immediately. They asked me nothing and required nothing other than the application, ID, and $20. Then they took my photo and printed it right there. I was out of the office in probably 4 minutes. They were polite, but completely uninterested in anything other than processing my paperwork. Just how I like it.Make sure you pay your parking ticket before getting back into your car, and you're good to go.Hopefully this helps someone who was on the fence about having to deal with the hassle of getting a concealed carry permit in Allegheny County/Pittsburgh! It was as easy a process as I can imagine.Oh, and finally, what it was all for: https://ift.tt/2OADpbr via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NW2MYd

No comments:

Post a Comment