Sunday, March 18, 2018

A game I play - "Who's carrying?"


So, full disclosure - I'm in WA and I'm not 21 for a couple months so I don't carry myself - but I've started watching people as I work or shop or whatever. I like to try and guess who's probably carrying a gun, mostly to make me think about my own dress and demeanor. In the last couple days I have seen-a guy carrying appendix with no wedge, a beer belly, and printing like a laserjet on 240 volts-a guy wearing a Triple Aught Design jacket, extra visible due to the massive velcro panels on each shoulder-5 people wearing different variations of 1776/3per/thin blue line shirts-and my favorite so far, a dude with absolutely no visible gun, gun shirts, hats, etc, but with a giant leather double mag carrier OWB with his untucked t-shirt behind itI'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but it's making me extra conscious of how I'm going to dress. I think a lot of people get caught up in the "high speed, low drag mission ready battle tested hidden handcuff key" mindset, which is definitely fun and maybe even practical when you're at a range, but definitely gonna hurt when you're in town. I'm sure most people don't notice the things I'm noticing, but the fact that I'm noticing them at all is, to me, no bueno.I did see a dude with an 92 in a shitty nylon drop leg once, and no one seemed to notice that either, so maybe I'm just overthinking it. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2pksg34

No comments:

Post a Comment